[Openswan Users] intel Macs

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Wed Apr 12 18:01:10 CEST 2006

On Wed, 12 Apr 2006, Brett Curtis wrote:

> Hi again. Another Mac issues. With my working roadwarrior setup ppc Macs and
> windows connect fine. However the new intel mac can not connect it tries to
> pull my xp-conn.
>
> My ppc mac pulls this connection.

I do not understand "pull" here. What is your intel mac running? linux?
or did you mean you used internet connect, and are writing the conns on
the linux server?

> conn roadwarrior-osx
>        leftprotoport=17/1701
>        rightprotoport=17/%any
>        rekey=no
>        also=roadwarrior
>
> The rekey=no is just a test to try to stop my ppc mac from loosing connection.
> but it still does. This is a different issue..

If it is the server, i tshould ALWAYS have rekey=no, because you cannot
rekey to an "%any" connection, the client has to initiate the rekey.

> While the intel mac tries to pull
>
> conn roadwarrior-xp
>        leftprotoport=17/1701
>        rightprotoport=17/1701
>        also=roadwarrior

If this is the server, i would phase out one of those connections. Just
don't support non-updated XP machines with 1701, or just allow them all
using %any, but don't do both connections.