[Openswan Users] Too many tunnels problem????

Joost Kraaijeveld J.Kraaijeveld at Askesis.nl
Wed Apr 5 19:59:12 CEST 2006

Hi,

I am running Linux Debian Sarge i386 Openswan U2.2.0/K2.6.8-1-386 (native) as a IPSec VPN concentrator on a Intel Pentium 4 CPU 1.50GHz, 128MB memory, with 105 tunnels.

After adding a additional tunnel I am experiencing tunnel breakdowns: tunnels that suddenly go down and don't come up again. I cannot find any warnings or errors in auth.log on the VPN concentratot side.

1. Is there anything I can do about the logging so that I might get more info?
2. Is there a limit on how many tunnels I can handle, given the hard- and software?
3. If I choose to upgrade the hardware, should I add memory or procesesor capacity?
4. Any other suggestions?

TIA

Groeten,

Joost Kraaijeveld