[Openswan Users] l2tp/ipsec problem

Jacco de Leeuw jacco2 at dds.nl
Sun Apr 2 22:22:28 CEST 2006

Norbert Wegener wrote:

> We get some userfeedback stating, that they can connect to an openswan
> gateway via their dsl-router, when they use a cable.
> Their session to the same gateway does not come up, when they connect
> wireless via the same dsl router to the same gaeway using the same
> (xp,sp2) client.
> As those users are far away, there is no chance to have a look at their
> environment.

Did you notice anything in the logs? Can users access machines on
their LAN and the DSL router itself? Can they ping the Openswan
server? Is the wireless network bridged or does it have a separate
subnet? Is there a firewall on the DSL router that is blocking things?

> What could be a way to track such a problem down, or is this a known
> problem with a known solution?

Perhaps you could try to get hold of the same DSL router and recreate
the setup.

Jacco
Jacco de Leeuw                         mailto:jacco2 at dds.nl