[Openswan Users] Familiar with OpenSwan.

marcos at dytz.com.br marcos at dytz.com.br
Thu Sep 22 05:16:19 CEST 2005

Hello all,

I tried finding an answer for this question in the Familiar board, but nobody
answered so I am trying here in the hope that someone faced similar problems
and have a workaround for this issue.

I am trying to run OpenSwan with Familiar 0.8.2 on an Ipaq H3660 and I already
have OpenSwan 2.2.0-r3 installed for kernel 2.4.19-rmk6-pxa1-hh37, but I would
need algorithms such as MD5, 3DES, SHA1 to create the VPN tunnel, but I could
find such modules only for the release with kernel 2.6.11 for Familiar, but
such kernel is missing some important drivers so I am wondering how well would
I be able to connect with the configuration that I have so far (e.g. without
the modules for these algorithms) or these algorithms there with a different
name?

Any help or advice would be welcome.

Thanks!