[Openswan Users] Installing OpenSwan in Familiar OS.

marcos at dytz.com.br marcos at dytz.com.br
Fri Sep 16 11:55:33 CEST 2005

Hello,

I am completing a Familiar OS 0.8.2 (kernel 2.4.x) installation on a iPaq 3660
and will make the proper configurations to have it running with USB Networking.
Anyway, I am wondering if the steps to install OpenSwan 2.x.x in Familiar OS
would be similar to the steps taken to install it under a normal Linux
distribution or if I should taken some extra steps to have it running (e.g.
installing any particular library or configuring any special feature in the
kernel)? Second, is there any memory constraint about installing OpenSwan in
Familiar (the ROM of the H3660 is 16MB and RAM is 64MB)? If yes, is there any
way to avoid such memory complications?

So if anyone ever did the same installation, please share your experience.

Cheers,

Marcos