[Openswan Users] net 2 net connection

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Fri Sep 16 00:36:38 CEST 2005

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005, William Man wrote:

> Good news, I have managed to compile openswan for my kernel, 2.6.9-1.667.
> This is the default installtion for fedora core 3, if anyone wants to use
> these i'll be happy to email them.
> I have built
>
> openswan-2.4.0-1.i386.rpm
> openswan-doc-2.4.0-1.i386.rpm
> openswan-klips-2.4.0-2.6.9_1.667_1.i386.rpm

Those are all available through yum at:

   ftp://ftp.openswan.org/openswan/binaries/fedora/3/

if you add the openswan repository to your ymu.conf:

[openswan]
name=openswan - Fedora Openswan IPsec packages
baseurl=ftp://ftp.openswan.org/openswan/binaries/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/
   http://www.openswan.org/download/binaries/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/
gpgcheck=0
enabled=1

> This now allows, subnet to subnet traffic via the ipsec0 tunnel, however I
> further reading I have found that
> gateway to subnet traffic, and
> gateway to gateway traffic
>
> do no pass through the ipsec tunnel.  it seems to be due to the default
> routing table to use the IP providers gateway.

use leftsourceip=innerip