[Openswan Users] l2tp stops with pocket PC 2003 (MDA3) client

Jacco de Leeuw jacco2 at dds.nl
Fri Sep 16 00:02:16 CEST 2005

Nico Schmoigl wrote:

 > certificates. As I've read on
 > http://www.jacco2.dds.nl/networking/freeswan-pocketpc.html that also my
 > smartphone could do the same VPN stuff as my Windows Notebook, I decided
 > to have a look on it. Importing is not easy, but feasable.

Did your root certificate import correctly? On some of these Smartphones
the root cert store is locked by the vendor and/or network operator :-(
(Smartphone and Xbox are probably a testcase for all kinds of DRM nastiness
in the upcoming Windows Vista, but that's just my opinion...)

 > However, I
 > get stopped at a point where at least two other's got stopped too. Look at
 > http://lists.virus.org/users-openswan-0409/msg00106.html

You did not post your configuration but the ipsec.conf in the link above
does not have a correct virtual_private line. The internal subnet is
not excluded.

 > To make it short: NAT and X509 is no problem; the secure channel gets
 > created without any problem.

Still, is there a chance that you could test with a PSK and without NAT?
Then try again with a cert instead of a PSK and if that works, add NAT back
into the mix.

 > Sep 10 21:17:02 boss l2tpd[8800]: receive_window_size_avp: peer wants
 > RWS of 8.  Will use flow control.

Is there a firewall blocking UDP port 4500, perhaps?

Jacco
Jacco de Leeuw                         mailto:jacco2 at dds.nl
                     Mosquitos suck