[Openswan Users] Multiple processors (or hyperthreaded processors)

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Thu Sep 15 18:08:40 CEST 2005

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005, Mark van Proctor wrote:

> Thanks for your quick response Paul.
>
> A related question - When you say if I wanted Nat-Traversal I would have to
> re-compile the RHEL 4 kernel - Why is that? Does the RHEL 4 kernel not have
> Nat-Traversal compiled in it?
>
> I will be needing NAT-Traversal...

NETKEY handles nat-traversal within their xfrm transform code. So if netkey is
not used, and KLIPS is used, then the nat-traversal code is not loaded.
The KLIPs nat-traversal code happens within the udp.c code itself. It is part
of the non-modular core kernel, but it is not in the default kernel or the
RH kernels by default.