[Openswan Users] net 2 net connection

Nigel Metheringham nigel.metheringham at dev.intechnology.co.uk
Thu Sep 15 12:39:25 CEST 2005

On Thu, 2005-09-15 at 11:19 +0100, William Man wrote:
> insmod: error inserting
> '/lib/modules/2.6.9-1.724_FC3/kernel/net/ipsec/ipsec.ko': -1 Invalid module
> format
>
> the kernel i am using is 2.6.9-1.667, is there a version of ipsec klips for
> this?  I installed the 2.6.9-1.724 which might be why it isn't
> inserting.....

Kernel modules should match the version of the running kernel.  Not
doing this will lead to a world of pain.

I suggest you get the source rpm for that code, install that, edit the
spec file to reflect the kernel version you are using, and rebuild the
rpm.

Alternatively just build the kernel modules against your kernel version.

Or (probably the easiest) upgrade your kernel to 2.6.9-1.724_FC3_1
although that may have other issues for you.

	Nigel.