[Openswan Users] stuck at STATE_QUICK_I1

Andy fs at globalnetit.com
Tue Sep 13 12:06:45 CEST 2005

On Tue, 2005-09-13 at 15:51 +0200, Pierre de France wrote:

> 117 "synagir1" #2: STATE_QUICK_I1: initiate
> 003 "synagir1" #2: up-host command exited with status 139
> 032 "synagir1" #2: STATE_QUICK_I1: internal error

This indicates a problem in the updown script, I think.
That's /usr/local/lib/ipsec/_updown or wherever your distribution puts
it.

139 is a segfault, IIRC. Maybe some inconsistent versions of some
libraries and utilities. I had a similar problem once when I updated
something with an RPM which didn't do enough dependency checking.

You could try making a copy of the default script and pointing to the
copy with a left/rightupdown= entry. Add something like this to the top
of the copy (right after the '#! /bin/sh' line) so you can see a trace
of what it's up to:

exec >/tmp/updown.$$ 2>&1
set -x