[Openswan Users] Windows vpn clients

John A. Sullivan III jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com
Mon Sep 12 16:16:44 CEST 2005

On Fri, 2005-09-09 at 16:22 -0400, John A. Sullivan III wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-09-09 at 21:05 +0200, Paul Wouters wrote:
> > On Fri, 9 Sep 2005, John A. Sullivan III wrote:
> ><snip>
> > > On a quick related matter, someone referenced making the tunnel the
> > > default gateway.  We would like to do that.  How does one do that with
> > > this client? I tried setting the remote network to 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0 but
> > > Windows didn't like that.  Thanks - John
> >
> > I know ipsec.exe needed to use "*" and not 0.0.0.0/0.
> >
> > Again, I'm not at my Windows PC right now, so I cannot verify or test.
> >
> > Paul
>
> Alas, I tried "*", ".*" and "default".  None worked.  Does anyone know
> how we send all traffic down the tunnel using lsipsectool? Thanks - John

It uses 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0 as long as there is a proper definition on the
openswan gateway.  It does not appear intelligent enough to not route
local traffic through the tunnel.

Now I just need to figure out how to relay traffic from 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
to the LAN gateways as this is a standalone RAS gateway.  If I can't
figure it out, I suppose I'll be back on the list :-)  Thanks, all -
John
--
John A. Sullivan III
Open Source Development Corporation
jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com

If you would like to participate in the development of an open source
enterprise class network security management system, please visit
http://iscs.sourceforge.net