[Openswan Users] pinging one way and not the other

Norman Rasmussen normanr at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 00:37:08 CEST 2005

Are the gateways the default for all the hosts in the network? i.e. do
the hosts know that the other network is behind the gateway?

If these new gateways are not the defaults, you might have to add some
routes on your default gateways to set the remote network via the
openswan gateway.

I'm surprised ping is working the one way...

By the network size I assume net 1 is 'head office' and net 2 is 'sub
office'.  And I assume that the net 1 default gateway knows to access
net 2 via gateway 1.  Also I assume that net 2's default gateway does
_not_ know to access net 1 via gateway 2 at the moment.  Does this all
sound correct?

Norman