[Openswan Users] Problems with multiple VPN tunnels and RoadWarrios (SOLVED)

Andrej Trobentar andrej.trobentar at rikom.si
Fri Sep 9 14:35:58 CEST 2005

John A. Sullivan III wrote:

> Second, I have no idea why activating the LAN-to-LAN tunnel provokes the
> problem.

This is a mystery to me too :)

 > Does anyone else on the list know more about the internals of L2TP to
> help here? Thanks - John

I have found the problem. I can't say for 100% that everything is OK,
because I must do some more testing (over ADSL, cabel, GPRS, ...), but
now I can use a roadwarrior client AND the static tunnel - so far
withtout problems.

The problem was in the MTU and MRU setting in options.l2tpd. First my
settings were :

[root at rikom ppp]# cat /etc/ppp/options.l2tpd
+mschap-v2
ipcp-accept-local
ipcp-accept-remote
ms-dns  192.168.15.1
auth
idle 1800
mtu 1410	*
mru 1410	*
nodefaultroute
debug
lock
connect-delay 5000
[root at rikom ppp]#

Now they are :

[root at rikom ppp]# cat /etc/ppp/options.l2tpd
+mschap-v2
ipcp-accept-local
ipcp-accept-remote
ms-dns  192.168.15.1
auth
idle 1800
mtu 1300	*
mru 1300	*
nodefaultroute
debug
lock
connect-delay 5000
[root at rikom ppp]#

I have NO idea why the roadwarrior setup was working OK before I have
added the static tunnel and why it stoped then... But, for now
everything is working as it should with the new MTU and MRU settings.

- --
Many thanks to John and others,

	Andrej.