[Openswan Users] Windows vpn clients

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Thu Sep 8 22:37:29 CEST 2005

On Thu, 8 Sep 2005, John A. Sullivan III wrote:

> OK - I'm starting to feel really stupid here.  I run
> lsipsectool_installer.exe and it launches a cygwin installation.  I

I get an installer. It asks me where I want to install the application,
default location C:\ Program Files\Linsys IPSec Tool\
I click a few times on Next, and then Close.

I go to STart->Programs->Linsys IPSec Tool->Linsys IPsectool and the
application starts.

> I don't know what I'm doing wrong.  I even downloaded the installer from
> sf.net/projects/lsipsectool again in case something was damaged in my
> download (not that I'd suspect a damaged archive to install!).  What in
> the world am I missing? I'd really like to get this installed in the
> next few hours so I can present it as an alternative before the window
> for this project closes.  Thanks - John

The only possible thing I can think of, is that I install as Administrator,
since my windows laptop is for testing only and it makes no sense for me not
to be Administrator.

I even see the package in ControlPanel->Software.

"With Data mining, we can search specifically for clues"

--- The AIVD (The Dutch NSA) on the necessity of ISP's data retension