[Openswan Users] ipsec updown script causes zombie process

Ming-Ching Tiew mingching.tiew at redtone.com
Thu Sep 8 15:23:17 CEST 2005

I have a situation where I have configured inside /etc/ipsec.conf a
parameter rightupdown=somescript, but I noticed that under certain
condition, it will cause zombie process to be left behind :-

-------------begin-somescript--------------------
#! /bin/sh
if [ ${PLUTO_VERB} = "up-host" -o ${PLUTO_VERB} = "up-client" ]
then
   /etc/firewall.init
fi

And when a zombie process is left behind, then it will cause command
'ipsec auto --status' to block forever.

Any clues of under what circumstances that the script '/etc/firewall.init' can
cause a zombie process to be left behind ?

Cheers.