[Openswan Users] Windows vpn clients

John A. Sullivan III jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com
Wed Sep 7 13:43:22 CEST 2005

On Wed, 2005-09-07 at 17:29 +0200, Paul Wouters wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Sep 2005, Norbert Wegener wrote:
>
> ><snip>
> If you are happy with X509 based IPsec tunnels, use "lsipsectool.exe" from
> sourceforge.net. It's the best Windows client (for win2k and upwards) that
> uses the native microsoft ipsec stack and ipsec2k-lib. It does not require
> transport mode. so it has much less issues, especially with NAT-T and
> having multiple clients behind the same NAT router.

<snip>
lsipsectool looks quite interesting and timely for me as I am preparing
a moderate sized rollout of windows clients (ca. 30) for a client.  We
were planning on using the ebootis solution.  However, I looked at the
SourceForge site and this looks like a brand new product as opposed to
ebootis which has been around for a long time.

Does anyone have serious production experience with it? Is it ready for
production deployment? Thanks - John
--
John A. Sullivan III
Open Source Development Corporation
jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com

Financially sustainable open source development
http://www.opensourcedevel.com