[Openswan Users] help l2tp/ipsec

Jacco de Leeuw jacco2 at dds.nl
Tue Sep 6 12:55:25 CEST 2005

tpl wrote:

> The eth0,eth1 and eth2 are all normal network interface card,they all
> connect to a PC.

But which one is your 'external' ('Internet', 'hostile') interface?
Which one is your 'internal' (intranet, LAN) interface?

> When I read the 'man pppd',I found this words,is this be the problem?

The IP address gets assigned by pppd with assistance from l2tpd. I don't
think this is the problem. Your l2tpd.conf looks OK to me.

> this  my config file ,is there something wrong????
> this is a command for ipsec .

You are not using /etc/ipsec.conf?

I think it would be a good idea if you attempt to make a connection from
a client and then run the command 'ipsec barf > ipsec.output'. Then send
this file to me (or post an URL) so that we can analyse the problem.

Jacco
Jacco de Leeuw                         mailto:jacco2 at dds.nl