[Openswan Users] newb in ipsec / openswan

Roger Grosswiler roger at gwch.net
Mon Sep 5 14:41:49 CEST 2005

Hey there,

I have 2 laptops home, with which i can connect via wireless to a
separated WLAN-Zone. Surfing , writing e-mail and im is no problem, as my
servers a reachable externally. ( i use 3 routers)

i have a central firewall with fedora core 4 installed on. I would like to
act this firewall as a gateway to the inner lan, so i could reach via vpn
from the WLAN-Zone my fileservers and printers as i were in my LAN-area.
Even though, i would use then the default gateway for my LAN 10.0.0.0, so
all surftraffic would bybasse the same way.

So, i think i would have to install openswan on the central FW as on the
clients connecting via WLAN-Zone using Roadwarrior-Config. Is this
correct?

Am i right, do i have to use the road-warrior config for this? For
verification, an ascii-design ;-)

|<- to here ---------  via ----------connect from--|

| LAN        |    |central FW   |    |  WLAN-Zone  |
|10.0.0.     |----|   (all IP's)|----|  192.168.1. |
    Printers              |                 |
                  | Gateway to  |    | Gateway to  |
                  | Internet    |    | Internet for|
                  | 192.168.3.  |    | 192.168.1.  |