[Openswan Users] Problem with conn road

sasa sasa at shoponweb.it
Fri Oct 28 17:44:03 CEST 2005

"Jacco de Leeuw" wrote:

> Well, I still think *something* must have been changed, otherwise
> you would have seen the same successful IPsec connection.
>
> Send me your 'ipsec barf' output by private e-mail and I'll take a look.
> (Prefarbly gzip it first).

..sorry if I have a few confusion...

> > no, the XP client (already with SP2) is connect to Internet with a dial-up connections !
>
> Your previous successful IPsec connection used 17/0 as the protocol/port.
> This indicates a non-updated Windows client. So you either installed
> SP2 following that successful IPsec connection or it was a completely
> different computer altogether.

..from my first attempt I have always the same machine with XP SP2, for vpn access I use a dial-up connection and therefore for now I haven't needed of NAT-T.
Now in ipsec.conf I have:

# nat_traversal = y
leftprotoport=17/0
..

.. and on XP Client/VPN I have 792 Error and in the log file on vpn server I have always:

Can't authenticate: no preshared key found for `82.189.185.189' and `%any'.  Attribute OAKLEY_AUTHENTICATION_METHOD

..still still thanks !

        Salvatore.