[Openswan Users] Problem with conn road

Jacco de Leeuw jacco2 at dds.nl
Fri Oct 28 14:43:28 CEST 2005

sasa wrote:

> Hi, I have a problem with road connection from winXP to openswan.

What is the problem?

> In the log file I have:

[snip -- looks normal]

> [global]
> listen-addr = 192.168.0.180
>
> ..where is my error ?

That's what I'm wondering too. The only thing that I can think of
is that you don't see an L2TP connection. l2tpd is listening on the
internal interface. Are you using KLIPS or NETKEY? If you are using
KLIPS you will have to add a DNAT rule. If you are using NETKEY, l2tpd
should be listening on the external interface instead and you should
probably use iptables to "mark" the packets. See also:

http://www.jacco2.dds.nl/networking/freeswan-l2tp.html#listen-addr

Jacco
Jacco de Leeuw                         mailto:jacco2 at dds.nl
                     Mosquitos suck