[Openswan Users] My Problem: Now, I'm a member

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Fri Oct 28 04:13:51 CEST 2005

On Thu, 27 Oct 2005, Cristian ... wrote:

> Attached file with the output of " ipsec barf ".
>
> I have done new tests and the same thing happens. As
> soon as I raise the tunnel, from the net behind the
> gateway openswan I lose ping with that one gw and then
> I can neither go out of my LAN nor initiate the
> tunnel. On the other hand, I can do ping from the net
> behind the PIX.

Your barf shows:

#Disable Opportunistic Encryption
#include /etc/ipsec.d/examples/no_oe.conf

You should remove the "#" before the include to actually activate
the include line to disable Opportunistic Encryption.

> I did one "/etc/init.d/ipsec status " and !!! This is
> the output!!!
>
> IPSec running
> but...
> KLIPS module is not loaded!

Your barf shows:

Linux Openswan U2.2.0/K2.6.7 (native)

You are not using KLIPS but NETKEY. And NETKEY in 2.6.7 is too broken.
If you want to use netkey, use 2.6.11. Also, you will need at least
openswan-2.4.0dr5.