[Openswan Users] l2tpd firewall

Sindata f.magni at sindata.it
Tue Oct 25 20:43:23 CEST 2005

Hello,
I have installed a SuSE 9,2 with the native package OpenSwan (Linux Openswan U2.2.0/K2.6.8-24-default).
I have configure ipsec for a logon roadwarrior with a client xp in L2TP IPSEC VPN and it seems that it works:
 in the /var/log/messages I have:
Oct 25 19:34:23 newfw pluto[3882]: "ROADWARRIOR"[14] x.x.x.x #16: sent MR3, ISAKMP SA established
and the ping from the client to an internal node of the net works.
I am not able to shape the firewall so as to to have 1701 open for the only ipsec calls.
Someone knows a way to have the ipsec0 or in order protect the channel of the l2tp?
Thanks for every suggestion
Francesco