[Openswan Users] Server connection and peer-to-peer connection on the same machine

Alaa Dalghan alaadalghan at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 22 22:49:55 CEST 2005

Hi everyone,
I have to gateway machines running openswan 2.3.1.
I want to configure a tunnel between the two gateways, and at the same time,
enable each one of them to accept additional dynamic roadwarrior
connections. In other words, i need two connections on each machine, but i
can't figure out the right combination.
My ipsec.conf file on machine A is the following:

config setup
	interfaces="ipsec0=eth0"
	nat_traversal=yes

conn %default
	keyingtries=1
	compress=yes
	disablearrivalcheck=no
	authby=rsasig
	leftrsasigkey=%cert
	rightrsasigkey=%cert

conn accept-roadwarriors
	left=(ip of machine A)
	leftsubnet=0.0.0.0/0
	leftcert=jini.alaadin.com.pem  (machine A certificate)
	right=%any
	auto=start
	pfs=yes

conn tunnel-to-machine-B
	left=(ip of machine A)
	leftcert=jini.alaadin.com.pem    (machine A certificate)
	right=(ip of machine B)
	rightcert=jana.alaadin.com.pem  (machine B certificate)
	auto=start
	pfs=yes

As for the first connection, everything is good: The machine is accepting
dynamic roadwarriors.
The problem is in the next connection, cause when i try to ping B from A, i
get "resource temporarily unavailable".

Any help will be appreciated,

Alaadin