[Openswan Users] IPsec with DHCP EndPoint

Martin Leduc leduc_martin at sympatico.ca
Fri Oct 21 07:41:09 CEST 2005

Hi Folks,

I have read the Doc and I don't find a specific place to know if it's
possible to configure a EndPoint Router with DHCP WAN Ip Addressing.

There is my problem.

I have to connect 12 of our office into the main office.  For those who we
have a cable modem ISP, it's ok.  The DHCP address will not change every 5
mins against xDSL.

We have decide to put BEFSX41 EndPoint Router on each site and relay to a
Microsoft IPSec VPN Server, my boss think that Microsoft is best against
Linux (I still polite but. ;)). He pays the stuff so I had try to do it.
It's working, but with the xDSL remote connexion, we lost the connexion
several times and I spend my time to update the remote office IP.

Now he's ready to go on Linux, but first I have to give it the configuration
who will work.

So where/what I have to do to tell OpenSwan "Hey, doest'en mather about the
EndPoint IP Address, check only the key" or something like that.

I'm really not a newbie on Linux System, but in OpenSWAN is an other game!

Please Help.

Thank you

Martin