[Openswan Users] maybe iptables is the problem??

tvsjr at sprynet.com tvsjr at sprynet.com
Wed Oct 19 14:45:35 CEST 2005

I believe you're mangling the tunnel with your masquerade. Add an exemption for the remote network...
iptables -A POSTROUTING -t nat -o ppp0 -d ! <remote network> -j MASQUERADE

I use a tool called Firewall Builder (www.fwbuilder.org) to build my firewall rules. It puts a Checkpoint-ish interface on the front end of iptables, ipfw, etc. and builts scripts for you. Absolutely wonderful... I don't grok iptables rules without having to think about them... but the 150+ rules in my primary firewall are easy to understand and manage in the Firewall Builder interface.

Terry