[Openswan Users] STATE_MAIN_I3 halt.

marcos at dytz.com.br marcos at dytz.com.br
Thu Oct 6 18:27:43 CEST 2005

Hello guys,

I am running OpenSwan 2.2.0 on a Familiar 0.8.2 connecting through a PCMCIA
Ethernet card to the Internet so I created a connection, managed to have it
added to the list without any problem and when I try to get it up, I get the
following message:

104 "1" #6: STATE_MAIN_I1: initiate
106 "1" #6: STATE_MAIN_I2: sent MI2, expecting MR2
108 "1" #6: STATE_MAIN_I3: sent MI3, expecting MR3
003 "1" #6: Informational Exchange message must be encrypted

I tried looking in Google for a solution and the archives, but as I am using a
Linux without the scripts, modules of a normal Linux box, I am not sure if the
problem would be in my configuration or the lack of some module, encrypt code
or scripting language that would let the connection be completed, could someone
give me a hint here as to what is making the connection stop at that given
point? And how could I fix such problem. I don't have kernel modules available
to the Linux install which I am running for HMAC, 3DES, AES, MD5 so I am using
only the code that is available with ipsec.

Thanks,

Marcos