[Openswan Users] ipsec & multicast over gre

Michael Jurney mikej at datasynapse.com
Mon Oct 3 19:33:44 CEST 2005

Paul Wouters wrote:

> On Sat, 1 Oct 2005, Lelio Parisi wrote:
>
>> ...you can incapsulate an ipsec tunnel inside the gre one.
>

> That is the right way and yes it can be done with openswan.

I'm trying to rebroadcast local traffic across an ipsec tunnel via
iptables, with the following rule:

iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING -i $INSIDE_IFACE -m addrtype --dst-type
broadcast -j DNAT --to-destination $REMOTE_BROADCAST

Broadcast packets on the inside network are being caught by the iptables
rules, but they're not entering the tunnel (no ESP packets to the remote
gateway are generated).  Is there documentation online detailing how to
do this sort of thing with GRE?

--
Michael D. Jurney
Sysadmin, DataSynapse
mikej at datasynapse.com
p: 212.842.8860

View the DataSynapse email disclaimer here:
<http://www.datasynapse.com/legal/emailprivacy.jsp>