[Openswan Users] Remote SSH dropped when IPSEC started

heath bunting heath at irational.org
Wed Nov 30 20:35:07 CET 2005

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005, David Wilson wrote:

hi

i have the same problem

when i run /etc/init.d/ipsec start
i loose my ssh connection

i tried adding the following fix:

   leftsourceip=129.50.a.b (where 129.50.a.b is the internal ip of 81.79.160.12
   rightsourceip=192.168.c.d (where 192.168.c.d is the internal ip of 196.12.241.21

but it still locked

my config file looks like this:

version 2.0     # conforms to second version of ipsec.conf specification

# basic configuration
config setup

conn net-to-net
     left=10.0.0.1
     leftnexthop=212.159.64.84
     leftsubnet=10.0.0.8/29
     leftsourceip=10.0.0.1
     leftid=@factory.bristol-glass.co.uk
     leftrsasigkey=0sAQOxy2v8W+cRwdAuSRry ...
     right=10.0.0.128
     rightnexthop=80.177.165.240
     rightsubnet=10.0.0.144/28
     rightsourceip=10.0.0.128
     rightid=@porlock.bristol-glass.co.uk
     rightrsasigkey=0sAQO7BpaUyeMq ...

auto=add                       # authorizes but doesn't start this
                                    # connection at startup

#Disable Opportunistic Encryption
include /etc/ipsec.d/examples/no_oe.conf

many thanks

heath