[Openswan Users] Query

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Tue Nov 29 22:07:12 CET 2005

On Tue, 29 Nov 2005, Norbert Wegener wrote:

> Are there chances, KLIPS becomes part of the standard kernel, or at least part
> of the main distributions?
> Compiling kernels is not convenient for everyone.
> Norbert

We hope so, or at least merge some features together. But it won't happen
tomorrow.

Our first goal is to either get the NAT-T patch accepted, or rewrite it to
use a netfilter module. This would at least ensure a kernel recompilation
is no longer needed for klips. Then it does not matter that much that
klips is not a part of the kernel itself, since we can just compile it as
a module.

We would prefer the netfilter solution, but no work has started on that
project yet.