[Openswan Users] ip conflict question

Nick newsgroups at 2thebatcave.com
Thu Nov 24 23:52:41 CET 2005

I am trying to get a VPN working such that a road-warrior will work no
matter where they are at.

For example I can come up with the following situation:

The network at work is 192.168.0.0/24.

A laptop user is at a hotel with internet access, which assigned him a
192.168.0.100/24 ip address via dhcp.

Now the problem is that using the regular virtual addressing, the user's
ip will be denied and he will be unable to connect (since the
virtual_private line in the config on the server excludes addresses in the
192.168.0.0/24 range for good reason).

Is there any way to get around that problem, or will it just never be able
to work?  I am thinking that other solutions like pptp would have the same
problem, even though pptp would assign a local ip to the machine (since
there would still be a conflict).

Comments/ideas?