[Openswan Users] RHEL 4 Binaries

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Mon Nov 21 17:33:02 CET 2005

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005, Mark van Proctor wrote:

> I have an RHEL 4 build server that I am happy to build RHEL 4 binaries for
> OpenSWAN on if you would like to supply the .spec file (and any non-standard
> instructions).
>
> Please let me know ASAP as I am about to upgrade my VPN server and would
> love to use the RPM instead of compiling it manually again!

I would prefer a xen image.

If you could create such an image for RHEL4 (and we ask RedHat if it is
OK for us to use it for building rpms), and include kernel, kernel-smp,
and the kernel source/devel packages (or even the xenU kernel!), then
we can just add this to our buildsystem.
[ Harald: Could you ask someone in RedHat if this would be okay? ]

For example, this is how we created the base FC3 and FC4 images:

dd if=/dev/zero of=fc4-i386.img bs=1M count=1 seek=1536
/sbin/mke2fs -F -j fc4-i386.img
cp yum-xen.conf /tmp
mount -o loop fc4-i386.img /mnt
mkdir /mnt/dev
mkdir /mnt/proc
mkdir /mnt/etc
for i in console null zero ; do /sbin/MAKEDEV -d /mnt/dev -x $i ; done
[hand create basic fstab]
mount -t proc none /mnt/proc
yum -c /tmp/yum-xen.conf --installroot=/mnt -y groupinstall Base
find /mnt/var/cache/yum -name \*.rpm | xargs rm
mv /mnt/lib/tls /mnt/lib/tls-disabled
umount /mnt/proc
umount /mnt

and the yum-xen.conf we used:

[main]
cachedir=/var/cache/yum
debuglevel=2
logfile=/var/log/yum.log
exclude=*-debuginfo
gpgcheck=0
obsoletes=1
reposdir=/dev/null

[base]
name=Fedora Core 4 - i386 - Base
mirrorlist=http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors/fedora-core-4
enabled=1

[updates-released]
name=Fedora Core 4 - i386 - Released Updates
mirrorlist=http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors/updates-released-fc4
enabled=1