[Openswan Users] Using klips with routing

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Sun Nov 20 16:48:17 CET 2005

On Sun, 20 Nov 2005, moses reuben wrote:

> My question is how to cancel the changes inserted into the main routing table by the _startklips script, when
> I tried to remove the call to the tncfg code and the ifconfig command I got an error when trying to load up a

I dont see a valid reason for doing this.

> tunnel (using ipsec auto -up tunnel) - "We cannot identify ourselves as either end of this connection".

That is when openswan cannot figure out whether it is left or right of the connection definition. Eg if
you use left=%defaultroute and right=%any, you get that error, if you you have left and right as IP
addresses and those IP addresses do not appear on any interfaces (or are added uses advanced routing
instead of interface aliases)