[Openswan Users] L2TP/IPSEC (yet)

Giovani Moda - MR Informática giovani at mrinformatica.com.br
Sat Nov 19 12:23:38 CET 2005

Hey Juha. Thanks for the imputs.

> If you are using Windows XP with SP2, you should use
> leftprotoport=17/1701 and leftprotoport=17/1701
> instead of leftprotoport=17/%any and rightprotoport=17/%any.

Already tried that. No good. Also, leftprotoport=17/%any and
rightprotoport=17/%any were suggested by Paul Wouters, because of NAT-T I
guess. Maybe a way to make Openswan play better with the nated host.

> You can also remove rekey=no because rekeying is forced by Win XP:s
> default
> security policy and it cannot be changed from the (openswan)server side.

Ok, but rekey=no was also sugested by Paul Wouters. I'll remove it and give
it a try.

> In the case of L2TPD MTU and MRU should be altered from options.l2tpd not
> from l2tpd.conf. I am using mtu 1360 and mru 500 without NAT.

I'm using rp-l2tp. So MTU and MRU are setted in l2tp.conf. But I'll try
those settings and see how it goes.

Thanks.

Giovani