[Openswan Users] Road warrior VPN - help

Jacco de Leeuw jacco2 at dds.nl
Thu Nov 17 23:55:46 CET 2005

Brian Hoover wrote:

> I am working with openswan / l2tpd for the first time.  The goal is
> set-up VPN connectivity for M$ clients.

> 	FC4 - 2.6.12-1.1447_FC4
> 	openswan-2.4.0-1
> 	openswan-klips-2.4.0-2.6.12_1.1447_FC4_1

I'm not sure what the status is of KLIPS on this FC4 kernel (things are
in a flux at the moment) but if this is just a test setup then I'd say
that NETKEY is probably easier to get started.

> The configuration is from Nate Carlson's examples.

There are some issues in these examples, but for a quick test they should
work.

Could you post your ipsec.conf and l2tpd.conf? And the l2tpd debug log
(often to be found in /var/log/messages)?

> pluto[4314]: "roadwarrior-l2tp"[2] a.b.255.2 #1: received Delete SA

Windows is hanging up. Does it say why?
Could be an error in l2tpd.conf or a PPP password problem.

Jacco
Jacco de Leeuw                         mailto:jacco2 at dds.nl
                     Mosquitos suck