[Openswan Users] Openswan with Advanced Linux Routing

John A. Sullivan III jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com
Thu Nov 17 15:22:00 CET 2005

On Fri, 2005-11-18 at 06:54 +1100, Brendan Simon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using a commercial IPSec stack with Linux/PPC.  I am also using
> some advanced IP routing features, basically multiple route tables and
> some "ip rules" to select the appropriate table to use.  Unfortunately
> the commercial IPSec stack does not support advanced linux routing.  It
> appears to only interrogate the standard/main linux route table.
>
> Does anyone know if OpenSWAN interroperates fully with the Linux IP
> stack.  ie. will it work with multiple routing tables and the "ip
> rules", etc ???
<snip>
We've used them together successfully in the ISCS network security
management project (http://iscs.sourceforge.net).  I do not know if you
need to use it in the same way we do but we documented our internal
training in the training section on that web site.  Hope that helps -
John
--
John A. Sullivan III
Open Source Development Corporation
jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com

Financially sustainable open source development
http://www.opensourcedevel.com