[Openswan Users] Apple macOSX 10.4.3: success!

Jacco de Leeuw jacco2 at dds.nl
Tue Nov 15 17:32:38 CET 2005

Paul Wouters wrote:

>>>It is broken.
>>
>>The workaround is broken? Or do you mean Apple's racoon? Openswan 2.4.2?
>
> Yes, the workaround is broken. It is reported to break when there is no nat.

Correct. The first version of Peter Van der Beken's patch contained support
for Apple's oddball NAT-T method which was adapted for inclusion in
Openswan 2.4.2. However, this patch did not account for a NAT-D bug in
Mac OS X. Peter submitted another version which works around this bug.

I've extracted this workaround from Peter's second patch and attach it below.
It's a patch against 2.4.2. As you can see, Apple swapped the NAT-D hashes
by mistake. Non-Mac clients should not be affected by this workaround because
only Macs use this NAT_TRAVERSAL_OSX method.

Jacco
Jacco de Leeuw                         mailto:jacco2 at dds.nl
                     Mosquitos suck