[Openswan Users] openswan-2.4.3.kernel-2.6-klips.patch

Giovani Moda giovani at mrinformatica.com.br
Tue Nov 15 14:16:01 CET 2005

Hi again,

I'm trying to compile the new klips code into kernel and I'm getting an
odd error. It says:

Configuration error: 'IPsec Modular Extensions' cannot be compiled because
your kernel does not support module loading. Either enable kernel modules
or disable 'IPsec Modular Extensions

But here is the deal: I'm compiling from FC2 kernel source rpm, and adding
the patches to kernel-2.6.spec. So I'm PRETTY sure that Kernel Modules are
enable. If there is any doubt, here is part of my .config file:

# Loadable module support
#
CONFIG_MODULES=y
CONFIG_MODULE_UNLOAD=y
# CONFIG_MODULE_FORCE_UNLOAD is not set
CONFIG_OBSOLETE_MODPARM=y
CONFIG_MODVERSIONS=y
CONFIG_MODULE_SRCVERSION_ALL=y
CONFIG_MODULE_SIG=y
# CONFIG_MODULE_SIG_FORCE is not set
CONFIG_KMOD=y

I tried commentig out

+#if ! defined (MODULE)
+#error "Configuration error: 'IPsec Modular Extensions' cannot be
compiled because your kernel does not support module loading. Either
enable kernel modules or disable 'IPsec Modular Extensions'
(CONFIG_KLIPS_ALG)."
+#endif

but another error came up then.

So, unless I'm very mistaken about what kernel module loading support are,
it seems that the patch cannot identify correctly my kernel module
support.

Is there any workaround?

Giovani