[Openswan Users] Gateway to gateway traffic

Farid Sarwari fsarwari at exchangesolutions.com
Mon Nov 14 15:54:58 CET 2005

I have program that runs on the same box as openswan and it needs to
talk to machines on the other side of the tunnel.  For some reason I
can't get the vpn box to talk through the tunnel. I'm using  Openswan
2.4.2 with kernel 2.6.13.

I have another implementation of this setup with an older freeswan
version and kernel 2.4 w/ KLIPS. And with this setup I can use SNAT
rules to change the source IP form an external IP to an internal so it
passes through the tunnel.

Do I have to downgrade to 2.4 /w KLIPS? Or is there another way I can
get the vpn box to communicate through the tunnel?

Thanks in advance.