[Openswan Users] Re: FC3/FC4 builds and openswan 2.x

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Thu Nov 10 02:52:11 CET 2005

On Wed, 9 Nov 2005, Jeff Williams wrote:

> I found an e-mail using google from you at the following link:
> http://lists.openswan.org/pipermail/dev/2005-August/000974.html
>
> I didn't find your posting until after I upgraded my FC3 kernel to
> 2.6.12-1.1381 and now have seg faults in pluto starting.  As I research this
> more I thought I would see if you had any luck with later kernels or if I now
> need to go back to a 2.6.11 kernel.

Those are likely unrelated, if these are in sk_alloc. If using openswan 2.4.x,
the frame pointers should be automatically detected and no longer be a problem.

Fedora 2.6.11 based kernels and higher can run into other issues. For ipsec,
at this moment you are better of with a vanilla kernel.

"Happiness is never grand"

	--- Mustapha Mond, World Controller (Brave New World)