[Openswan Users] Kernel Panic when doing an rmmod of klips on CentOS 4.2

Roland Pope rpope at jadeworld.com
Thu Nov 10 13:58:42 CET 2005

Hi All,

I am running Openswan 2.4.2rc1 under CentOS 4.2 with kernel
2.6.9_22.0.1.EL_1.
I can use IPSEC fine, but when I try to rmmod the ipsec module (after
stopping IPSEC and making sure the module has a user count of zero), I get a
kernel panic! This was happening with the previous openswan release too
(2.4.2dr5)??
It even panic's if I do a 'modprobe ipsec' followed by a 'rmmod ipsec'
without ever starting pluto.
I have attached the kernel crashdump if thats any help.

Thanks
Roland