[Openswan Users] OpenSwan 1.0.9 plute race condition

Marc Spiegelman marc at itu.net
Wed Nov 9 13:56:26 CET 2005

I am testing TheGreenBow VPN client Version 3 with OpenSwan 1.0.9.  My
config uses certificates with X-AUTH and my connection is over NAT-T.
The connection goes great but after a while Pluto gets into a race
condition with hundreds of entries per second in my log:

Nov  9 13:03:31 s1001 authpriv.warn pluto[1866]: "roadwarrior-net"[20]
69.167.39.13:4500 #290: ModeCfg attr type of ISAKMP ModeCfg attribute
has an unknown value: 0

Ipsec setup stop fails so I must kill processes manually.

What does this error mean?
I don't have mode config enabled on the client but it is obviously
sending something out to piss of Pluto.  Has this been resolved in
1.0.10 or do I need to move to the 2.4 track?