[Openswan Users] help

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Fri Nov 4 18:43:21 CET 2005

On Wed, 2 Nov 2005, Openswan at alnet.kz wrote:

> I have a question.
> I have RH9
> From a site download kernel-2.4.20-30.9.openswan_1.0.3_1.i386.rpm
> It was started from it kernel
> Command " IPsec verify " has given out a mistake Checking for KLIPS support in kernel [FAILED]
> I so understand mine kernel does not support KLIPS?

Yes. Try: modprobe ipsec

> Whether there is a support openswan for RH4 enterprise with kernel 2.6.xxx?
> On a site "openswan" is not present kernel for RH4 enterprise.....! Only rh7 and rh9
> http://www.openswan.org/download/binaries/redhat/

I would assume openswan comes as a standard package for RHEL4.

We do not currently have a RHEL4 machine. Once we setup Centos or something
we can build KLIPS packages for it.

> And support FC4 with kernel 2.6?

http://www.openswan.org/download/binaries/fedora/4/

Again, openswan ships with stock FC4. Only if you want klips or a newer
openswan version do you need the above url.