[Openswan Users] Connecting RH9 <-> Cisco

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Tue Nov 1 15:51:09 CET 2005

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005, Oliver Schulze L. wrote:

> I need to connect a Cisco router with RedHat 9 using IPSEC.
> I wonder if someone have some tips on this kind of setup?
>
> I'm planning using openswan 1.0.3 with the kernel provided by openswan.org

openswan-1.0.3 should not be used. It has some security vulnerabilities. If
you really want to use openswan-1 (which will be EOL'ed and the end of this
year and is currently in maintenance mode only for security updates), use
1.0.10rc2. It won't work on 2.6 kernels, and NAT-T will be broken.

You are better of using openswan-2

"Happiness is never grand"

	--- Mustapha Mond, World Controller (Brave New World)