AW: [Openswan Users] openswan and firewall problems

Steffen Andreas (sna) sna at zhwin.ch
Thu May 26 18:16:57 CEST 2005

You'll find an example on how to use ESP marks under the link

  http://www.strongswan.org/uml/testresults/net2net-cert/

Have a look at the iptables rules listed in the console.log.
The latest strongswan-2.4.2 release comes with an

  _updown_espmark template

which can be used in *swan as an updown script that automatically
inserts a firewall rule that opens the firewall for tunnelled
traffic but checks for the presence of the ESP mark in the
decapsulated IP packets.

Regards

Andreas