[Openswan Users] l2tpd problem?

Randy B randy at pillowfactory.org
Sat May 21 16:00:31 CEST 2005

> Am I able to get the config above working with l2tpns? I didn't find any
> examples of configuring l2tpns in such a manner. I looked at Alan Whinery's
> example config, but couldn't have found answer to my question.

I'll be the second to say that you'll need a RADIUS setup on the backend
for l2tpns to work; then you can assign all kinds of fun stuff according
to what permissions specific users/certs/etc. are granted.  More
administrative overhead, but if you're doing a production setup, it's
the only scalable, maintainable way to go.

So, yes - AFAIK, you can [have to?] let RADIUS tell you what IP specific
clients/users should get.