[Openswan Users] Problem with specific tunnel / Packet tracing ?

Michael Schwartzkopff misch at multinet.de
Fri May 20 14:43:13 CEST 2005

Hi,

I have a problem with one specific tunnel. Our quite complex enviroment has
been running now for one year without problem. But now some specific tunnels
cause problems:

Any traffic does not pass the tunnel. But this happens only with one tunnel,
no problems on other tunnels on the same machine.

I tried to trace the packets it tcpdump in the internal, external and ipsec
interface, tried whack and barf. Everything looks fine:

"sent MR3, ISAKMP SA established"

I tried to take this tunnel down with auto --delete, --add, --up on both
sides.

Firewall rules also look good and are triggered. Routing seems to be OK. The
only thing I did not try is to reboot the machine.

Is there any further possibility to trace the packet on its way through ipsec
the kernel or do some debugging? Thanks for any help.

--
Dr. Michael Schwartzkopff
MultiNET Services GmbH

Tel: (+49 89) 456 911 - 0
Fax: (+49 89) 456 911 - 21
mob: (+49 174) 343 28 75

PGP Fingerprint: F919 3919 FF12 ED5A 2801 DEA6 AA77 57A4 EDD8 979B
Skype: misch42