[Openswan Users] 1.0.8, strange problem with pings

Dmitry Melekhov dm at belkam.com
Thu May 19 15:13:47 CEST 2005

mcr wrote:

>  you can dispense with plutodebug=all, that won't help/hinder.
>  (reduces the logs a bit)
>
>  klipsdebug, you can restrict this to "rcv" or "tunnel-xmit".

I turned on tunnel-xmit.
Very strange, but I can't reproduce problem with debug truned on :-(
But it is reproducable with klipsdebug=none after several ipsec restarts.
Still trying to reproduce ... ;-)

>  I'm unclear from the description if this is upon receipt or sending
>that packets are going missing.

On sending. I see icmp echo request packets on ipsec2, but not on eth2.

>  Certainly, tcpdump on all interfaces to be sure...

Hmm. Interesting idea... I'll look to other eth interfaces...