[Openswan Users] How to check the host identity ?

Bryan McAninch bryan at mcaninch.org
Wed May 18 10:22:06 CEST 2005

This is an inherent flaw with certificates. The only way to be certain, is
to have the corresponding private key password encrypted with a symmetric
cipher (3DES,AES). This proves (to some extent) the person with the
certificate is authorized to use the certificate. This clearly demonstrates
the need to have private keys encrypted with a strong cipher / strong
password combo.