[Openswan Users] simple DES

Markus Feilner lists at feilner-it.net
Tue May 17 13:17:28 CEST 2005

Hi,
for testing purposes I have added an old Cisco Pix 501 to my network. I
want to set up ipsec tunnels and learn to speak "PIX", as it seems
necessary for interaction with many customers' VPN peers.
 ;-)
Now this old PIX has no 3DES Licence. I did not find anything in the
openswan / ipsec.conf documentation, that could help me how to use
"simple" des encryption.
----/etc/ipsec.conf------
       esp=aes128-md5,aes128-sha1,3des-md5,3des-sha1
       ike=aes-md5,aes-sha,3des-md5,3des-sha
What do I have to add/remove to use simple DES? Is it possible? I know
it's not secure, but it's just for learning purposes!
Thanks!!!
--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Markus Feilner