[Openswan Users] Certificate exchange but no l2tp

Oliver Tomkins oliver.tomkins at alliedvehicles.co.uk
Tue May 17 10:41:05 CEST 2005

Hello,

got a curious problem here.

Our test set up works fine - we simulate an external machine (windows
2000)connecting to an ipsec box which then uses NAT to forward packets
on to the l2tp box on the internal subnet.  This works without any problems.

However as soon as we move the machines into the "real world" it stops
working.

We can see traffic coming into the ipsec machine and the SA coming up

 >> IPsec SA established {ESP=>0x5ecdf205 <0x0e62b603}

However tcpdump doesn't show any of the packets been rewritten to the
l2tp machine and our firewall counters don't show any packets coming
through there.  The client then kills the tunnel as it is expected l2tp
as well as the tunnel.

Anybody had a similar issue?

Thanks,

Olly.

The information in this e-mail is confidential. The contents may not be disclosed or used by anyone other than the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message. Allied Vehicles cannot accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of this message as it has been transmitted over a public network.
For details of our products and services please visit our website at www.alliedvehicles.co.uk